High Performance/Low Latency
- Employs many technologies including SR-IOV, DPDK and separated control and forwarding to improve performance and reduce latency.
- By using the SR-IOV technology to share one PCI device with multiple VMs, the vSTG enhances the utilization rate of I/O devices and shortens the network latency. The SR-IOV can work on GE/10GE/40GE interfaces.
- Employs the DPDK technology to enable more powerful system processing.
- Using different paths to separate control plane services (for example, protocol processing and dynamic generation of policy information) and user plane services (for instance data packet filtering, forwarding and processing), making data forwarding more efficient.
- Employs the enhanced VRRP protocol running on the HA path between the active and standby OMPs to ensure the vSTG capable of working in the hot redundant mode.
Easy operation and maintenance
- Automatic Deployment: The vSTG can be deployed on a universal server automatically. When maintenance engineers finish making the vSTG deployment blueprint, the entire deployment can be done rapidly, flexibly and automatically, which obviously makes the O&M much easier.
- Easy to Integrate: The vSTG can be easily integrated to different security protection scenarios. Related cloud management centers are responsible for the orchestration and management.
Rich Security Services
- Supporting SSL VPN.
- Supporting multiple security functions, include status protection, inter-zone policies, ASPF, etc.