Advanced architecture and elastic expansion
- V6000 vRouter adopts modular and highly reliable architecture. The forwarding plane maximally supports the expansion of 252 virtual machines. It can implement dynamic capacity expansion/reduction according to network capacity demands, improve system performance on demand, increase resource utilization rates and save energy.
- The vRouter also employs the self-developed mature, efficient and reliable software system ROSng to offer the same functions and management features with traditional routers.
- In addition to the forwarding architecture of the virtualized super server processor (vSSP), it virtualizes the line card high-performance transponders of the hardware-based router to software-based analogues. Thus, the device inherits all the service capabilities of traditional routers especially the ability to forward complicated overlapping services in X86 environments.
Diversified services plus flexible and reliable deployment
- The ZXR10 V6000 vRouter provides the same service functions with traditional hardware routers, including unicast/multicast routing, MPLS, overall VPN technology, QoS and IPSec.
- It provides complete CGN functions and supports CGN redundancy protection to ensure provisioning and reliability of private network IPv4 services.
- By supporting BFD, VRRP, ECMP, link bundling and FRR, the vRouter implements fast restoration from faults and provides service-level reliability.
Rich applications in DC-centric new-generation network
V6000 vRouter has rich applications in DC-centric new-generation networks to meet customers’ various needs:
- vCGN: It provides complete CGN functions and protection solutions. It can collaborate with vEPC and vIMS to provide pure virtualization solutions for wireless core networks.
- vDC soft gateway: Deployed in vDC, it can replace the traditional hardware router to act as an egress gateway. It supports complete VxLAN functions and can collaborate with SDN controllers to provide flexible vDC solutions.
- vEG: It can be deployed as a virtual Enterprise Gateway in the DC cloud as an important part of ZTE end-to-end cloud network integrated solutions, providing network/service on demand solutions oriented towards new enterprise private line interconnection.
- vBRAS-U: It collaborates with the V6000 vBRAS as the X86 forwarding plane of vBRAS and provides vBRAS solution which adopts separated control plane/forwarding plane architecture.
- vRR: It can be deployed a separate vRR by providing massive neighbors and large route processing.
Open capabilities and evolution to cloudified networks
- Depending on the service chain (SC)-based capacity expansion, NFV management plane and orchestration system, the vRouter enables flexible service orchestration and builds flexible and diversified network value-added platforms to satisfy the users’ various service demands.
- Based on ETSI NFV standard architecture, the device can run either on the ZTE TECS cloud operating system platform, or on any third party’s VMware and KVM virtual platforms. It helps the operators to make decoupled three-tier architecture come true.
- It supports OpenFlow/NetConf/VxLAN protocols and provides open northbound interfaces to implement synergy control of E2E network resources and boost network evolution towards SDN cloudification.
Simplified OAM and fast service provisioning
- Ultra-fast one-click loading and installation enables fast creation of vRouter instances and correct display of vRouter logical topology, implementing ultra-fast one-click instance deployment.
- The fully graphic network management system has such functions as intelligent configuration management and service/network element (NE) performance statistics, making network resources clearer, service quality more visible, fault processing simpler and OAM more efficient.
- Support for new services can be achieved by merely upgrading the vRouter software, which shortens the service deployment period and provides more innovative services rapidly on the network.