High Performance, Provide Up to 198Tbps Wire-speed Switching Capacity, 4T High-Density Line Cards
- The ZXR10 9900 Series switch supports up to 198Tbps wire-speed switching capacity, which can be extended to 1032Tbps smoothly. It supports high-density 10GE/40GE/ 100GE interfaces and delivers huge bandwidth capability to fulfill the growing service requirement in data center.
- The ZXR10 9900 Series switch supports 36*40GE, 36*100GE, 144*25GE, and 144*10GE line cards, which provide line-rate forwarding.
- ZXR10 9900 Series switch provides as many as 576*100GE, 576*40GE, 2,304*25GE, or 2,304*10GE line-rate ports.
- The 10 GE ports support working as GE ports, 40GE port can be expanded into 4 10 GE port, 100GE QSFP28 ports support working as 40GE, flexible interface combination delivers easy deployment for core switch and save cost for customer.
- Line interface card provides up to 24 GB buffer, which is dynamically shared by interfaces to improve usage efficiency.
- ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch support up to 750K MAC and 256K FIB/16M RIB entries for use in large-scale networks. And MAC, FIB, ARP, ACL entries can be changed flexibly to suit dynamic service requirements.
Step into SDN Era
- The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch is SDN-based data center switch, based on OpenFlow interface to provide customer benefits of SDN technology.
- Through southbound interface of SDN Controller Netconf/OpenFlow, the ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series can download forwarding flow table, set up VxLAN forwarding tunnel, service configuration and centralized management.
- Through NVO3 technology, extend the number of tenant and provide the supply for large-scale IDC service.
- The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports the leading open cloud service configuration and dispatch system OpenStack, which can reduce the service online time and increase the flexibility.
- The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports Hybrid mode, divide the resource by port, VLAN. Support the traditional protocols and OpenFlow protocol, which is suitable for all kinds of scenarios and the customers can upgrade the network to SDN smoothly.
- Visual GUI interface of SDN controller helps customer realize easy operation and service provisioning
VxLAN and EVPN Enables Flexible Network Expansion in vDC and DCI Scenarios
- Support VXLAN (Virtual eXtensible Local Area Network) protocol, Not only L2 VxLAN but also L3 VxLAN. The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch can support large L2 network interconnection cross L3 network and can support more than 16M tenants, which implements fast service deployment without changing the customer network in order to protect customer’s investments.
- The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch can work as gateway of the VM in VxLAN scenario to expand the network scale and reduce the load of the core switch. Therefore it can enhance the reliability of the network.
- The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports EVPN, which can run as the VxLAN control plane to simplify VxLAN deployment.
- The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports RT-2 (MAC/ARP synchronization), RT-5 (Subnet synchronization), supports symmetric IRB, distributed routes, EVPN RR.
- EVPN triggers automatic VxLAN tunnel setup between virtual tunnel endpoints (VTEPs), avoiding the full-mesh tunnel configuration and also reduces flooding of unknown traffic on the control plane.
- EVPN and VxLAN can be used to set up Layer 2 interconnections between data centers, enabling active-active VxLAN deployment across data centers and conserving DCI link bandwidth.
Deliver Better Data Center Service Experience
- Support DCB (Data Center Bridging) protocol family and fully guarantee network reliability and no loss in full range. The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports PFC (Priority-based Flow Control), QCN (Quantized Congestion Notification), ETS (Enhanced Transmission Selection), DCBX (Data Center Bridging Exchange), which ensure low latency and zero packet loss for high-speed computing services.
- Support multiple EVB (Ethernet Virtual Bridging) patterns including VM, VEB and VEPA (Virtual Ethernet Port aggregator), and these different patterns can coexist, so it can fulfill different networking requirements. With full support for related protocols like VDP (VSI Discovery Protocol), EDCP (Edge Devices Communication Protocol) and CDCP (S-Channel Discovery and Configuration Protocol), EVB can run smoothly.
- The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch uses a patented front-to-back airflow that isolates cold air channels from hot air channels. LICs and SFUs use independent airflow channels, which solve the problems of mixing hot and cold air and cascade heating, and effectively reduce energy consumption. The fan speed can be dynamically adjusted based on the workload of line cards, which lowers power consumption and reduces noise.
- The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports SDN switch overlay traffic visualization diagnosis to satisfy the complicated maintenance of Data Center.
- The ZXR10 9900/9900-S Series switch supports 1：2K NetFlow for Data Center large scale traffic collecting.
High-Performance VSC (Virtual Switch Cluster) Technology
- VSC2.0 Capability: Stacking bandwidth between the VSC switches can be up to 3.2Tbps, which can solve the bandwidth bottleneck of VSC and deliver customer a real-time non-blocking VSC system. By using optical Ethernet interface for stacking, the stacking distance can be up to 80km and even more, it helps customer to get rid of distance restriction while designing a reliable VSC system.
- Reliability: Independent out-band management makes the control plane and forwarding plane separated. Through real-time control information hot-standby technology, the VSC system can achieve seamless switchover when failure happens.
- Saving investments: No need special stacking line card, the normal line card can be used for VSC connecting. When some interfaces are used for VSC, the other interfaces on this line card can also be used for traffic forwarding. No interfaces are wasted and that helps customer to save investments.
- Flexibility: Master and slave in VSC2.0 works in 1+N redundancy mode, MAD (Multi-active Detect) technology is used to detect and avoid dual master in VSC system when failure happens. Together with real-time hot-standby and seamless switchover it brings customer a more flexible VSC network.
- VSC3.0: using the 5960 device as the remote Line Interface Card for 9900(-S) to realize the vertical virtualization.
VLD (Virtual Logical Device) Technology
- VLD (Virtual Logical Device) technology can deliver an industry-leading virtualization capability that makes one switch to be virtualized into as many as sixteen logical switches. This 1:16 ratio enables one core switch to manage services for an enterprise’s multiple service areas such as production, office, and DMZ, or for multiple tenants.
- VLD technology divides one network into separate logical areas for service isolation. The failure of one virtual switch does not affect other virtual switches, enhancing network security.
- VLD technology improves the use efficiency of physical devices by implementing on-demand resource allocation and saves space in data center equipment room. This ensures network scalability, reduces investment in devices and reduces the cost of device maintenance.
- VLD technology can be deployed with the VSC, which deliver the switch resource virtualization pool.
Easy Maintenance, Saving OPEX
Support physically independent monitoring plane, which can monitor the working temperature, fan situation, power situation, etc. It can help customer hold the network running status in real time.
Support Zero-touch provisioning, the software and the configuration files can be loaded automatically, Reduce provision process and manpower requirement.
Support the SQA (Service Quality Analyzer), detecting the network quality periodically or in real time. In order to provide better quality of service for more valuable services.