● Microservice architecture: The essence of the SBA is based on the three principles of “self-contained, reusable, and independent management”. The network function, which is designed with the concept of “high cohesion, low coupling”, is divided into a series of small services. Each service focuses on a single business function, running in an independent process. With clear boundaries between services, it uses a lightweight communication mechanism to communicate and cooperate with each other to achieve a complete application. Based on this, operators can flexibly customize the networking according to business needs.
● Self-service: Based on the Microservice architecture, from the aspects such as blueprint design, resource scheduling and orchestration, lifecycle management, application state monitoring, control strategy update, a high degree of automation is achieved and effective linkage between the various links is made to achieve a closed-loop feedback mechanism, which can achieve one-click deployment, full autonomy, and efficient management of services.
● Lightweight virtualization: Compared to virtual machines, container technology, which has the advantages such as rapid scaling-in/out, lightweight, and high performance, is rapidly and widely used in the IT industry. The cloud native application and the underlying virtualization technology are decoupled, and can be deployed in the container technology to achieve resource utilization improvement, fast service delivery, and service agile maintenance. The ZTE 5G Common Core Solution supports both virtual machine-based and container-based deployments.
● Stateless: The 5G Common Core Solution adopts the stateless layered design. User access and session information is stored in the data sharing layer. Each Microservice instance in different locations can obtain the latest state of the user through the data sharing layer. Stateless application designs enable separation of applications from data, enabling rapid network resiliency and failure recovery.
Improve operator software deployment and maintenance efficiency, and develop an open development ecosystem. ZTE believes that the application of core network based on Cloud Native has the following four characteristics:
1) Microservice architecture: The application, which adopts the idea of “high cohesion, low coupling” to design, is divide into a series of small services. Each service focuses on a single business function and runs in an independent process. The boundaries between services are clear. It uses lightweight communication mechanisms to communicate and cooperate with each other to achieve complete applications to meet the needs of services and users.
2) Self-service: Based on the micro-service architecture, it realizes high automation from multiple cycles such as blueprint design, resource scheduling and lifecycle management, application state monitoring, and control policy update, and the effective connection between each link realizes the closed-loop feedback mechanism, which can be used to realize the one-click deployment, full autonomy and efficient management of services.
3) Lightweight virtualization: The cloud native application is decoupled from the underlying virtualization technology, and they can be deployed in the container technology to achieve resource utilization improvement, fast service delivery, and agile maintenance.
4) Stateless: The user's access and session information is stored in the data sharing layer. Each Microservice instance in different locations can obtain the latest state of the user through the data sharing layer. Stateless application design enables separation of application from data, enabling rapid network resiliency, failure recovery, and more.
Option 2 (POC)
Help operators pilot a full 5G architecture network. Option2 is a standalone deployment option in the NextGen system based on full 5G NR and 5GC wireless access. Option 2 deployment can be independent of deployment of 4G network, and the architecture can fully utilize the features of 5G core network and wireless network. The Option 2 POC function mode of ZTE 5G Common Core is suitable for operators to test the new features of 5G and verify the 5G target network.