RCS is a series of GSMA standards defined rich communication services for IMS network, including instant message, voice calling and presence based on user MSISDN. As a principal member of GSMA, ZTE takes an active participation in RCS technical specifications. ZTE offers an end-to-end RCS solution based on specification including IMS, RCS AS, MaaP, RCS HUB, and SDK.
RCS Upgrades Telco's Basic Communicaiton
RCS upgrades traditional SMS service to provide rich media messaging capabilities and new business messaging service entrance. Its Messaging as a Platform (MaaP) based RCS business messaging comprehensively upgrade the service interaction methods between enterprises and individual users. Business brands push personalized services to users through image, videos, rich cards, menus, and etc. Users can enjoy one-stop business experience such as service discovery, search, interaction, and payment in the message window itself based on the native SMS entry.
Advantages of RCS service
- No need to install
- No need to regeister and login
- 100% reachable, RCS delivers messages based on MSISDN and supports a multi-level fallback mechanism to ensure that messages are 100% delivered;
- Ultra-low customer acquisition costs, the brands directly push services through MSISDN, with few intermediate links and low customer acquisition costs;
- Global interoperability, RCS based on the international standard supports the interoperability of global operators;
- Openness, developers and enterprises can directly develop services based on standard APIs.
RCS as core of 5G messaging
GSMA NG.114 specification defines RCS as a mandatory service for 5G terminals, RCS provides rich communication and business messaging service under 5G network which is now the core service of 5G messaging.