Now, Zhejiang and Jiangsu are about to enter the rainy season and typhoon season. In this year's flood prevention and flood fighting process, from monitoring & warning to disaster prevention and relief, the cutting-edge technologies represented by 5G Messaging have become "convenience tools".
Recently, with the technical support of ZTE, Zhejiang Branch of China Mobile launched the government emergency service on the 5G Messaging platform. The emergency group sending function can provide the users with disaster warning and prediction query, such as typhoon and earthquake. The smooth implementation of this official entrance not only enhances the influence of 5G Messaging, but also effectively guarantees the safety of people's lives and properties.
Compared with traditional short messages, 5G Messaging has the following six advantages:
- Easier use: 5G Messaging provides the plug-and-play function, which is available without installation or registration.
- More secure information at both ends: For the user end, 5G Messaging is directly used based on the mobile phone number, and real-name authentication is performed. For the industry end, the enterprise end is also authenticated by the real name of the operator, so the user can safely use relevant 5G Messaging services.
- More abundant content: 5G Messaging supports not only the multimedia format, but also the card message form. It enables the users and industry customers to interact through the dialogue to complete the closed loop of the whole service.
- More convenient contact: Based on mobile phone numbers, industry users and ordinary users can directly push and receive related services, and implement the contact function without adding a friend or using a WeChat official account.
- More intelligent data: 5G Messaging can be combined with AI capability to provide users with contents of interest through big data;
- More universal service and standard: 5G Messaging is a service based on the international standard, and 5G Messaging services of operators around the world can be interconnected.
ZTE's 5G Messaging platform has been verified for commercial use. It is the industry-leading in terms of performance and has the experience of commercial deployment of more than 100 million users. It supports interconnection with all mainstream IMS equipment manufacturers and mainstream mobile phone manufacturers. In addition, it has the experience of commercial interconnection with more than 1,000 mobile terminals.
As one of the first batch of 5G Messaging applications introduced by Zhejiang Mobile and the local government, the emergency group sending service changes the single form in which the government can only push text messages to the public, and upgrades the simple emergency warning notification and disaster prevention popular publicity channel.
At present, through the emergency group sending application of 5G Messaging, the government can push the emergency warning notifications and knowledge publicized by science and technology, including pictures, texts, videos and links, to greatly improve the richness and readability of messages. In addition, the emergency service scenario is strengthened to help the emergency management department with its publicity of disaster prevention and reduction and emergency warning. At present, the emergency group sending service has accessed the real-time data information of the emergency room, including the emergency warning notification, real-time rainfall and wind force. The users connected with the 5G messaging terminals can view the related emergency warning notification and disaster prevention publicity in real time.
Message as a Service
The core of 5G Messaging provides the function of Message as a Service (MaaS). From the perspective of core vision, it is expected that various services can be provided based on 5G Messaging.
Up to now, 12 applications have been connected to the 5G Messaging platform of Zhejiang Mobile, and more applications are being converted. These applications cover many industries, including banking finance, electric power, distance education, VOD, business travel & hotel, VR, teleconference, mobile palm hall, disaster warning and weather forecast.
It is foreseeable that, with the application and launch of emergency group sending service, the industrial ecosystem based on 5G Messaging will become more mature in 2020. With the booming development of 5G Messaging, operators, industry customers, platform manufacturers, terminal manufacturers, SDK manufacturers, and third-party capability providers will form a complete end-to-end industry chain.