Service Chain Helps Operators Increase the Value of Data Services
With the rapid development of mobile Internet and the increasing proportion of revenue of data services, the focus of operators' has begun to shift from voice value-added services to data network value-added services, to meet the urgent needs of mobile data users for intelligent, personalized and differentiated services in data networks. The service chain is deployed between mobile network and public network to provide end users with network data value-added services.
ZTE SSC Solution Overview
In general, ZXUN SSC includes three parts: traffic service gateway, service chain support platform and service function:
1. The traffic service gateway of ZXUN SSC provides traffic identification (DPI), traffic classifier (TC), policy enforcement (PCC), and flow charging (ACC) functions.
- The functions are provided, such as accurate traffic identification, multi-dimensional flexible policy enforcement and traffic charging, to adapt to various traffic management requirements of operators.
- Traffic is guided to the service chain on demand, to facilitate operator value addition.
2. The service chain support platform of ZXUN SSC provides SFC controller and SFC proxy functions.
- SFCP provides service chain information encapsulation and decapsulation functions, and allows traditional SFs that cannot identify service chain encapsulation to join a service chain.
- SFCC provides functions such as the delivery of service chain configuration information and the collection and reporting of service chain status information, to support flexible service orchestration and management.
3. The service functions of ZXUN SSC include TCP optimization, video optimization, URL filtering, virtual firewall and cache.
- TCP optimization accelerates downlink TCP packets by maximizing the efficiency of the transport layer in the mobile data network, to help operators enhance user online experiences.
- Video optimization accelerates video streaming through transcoding, caching, and other media-related TCP/HTTP optimization technologies, to enhance user video viewing experiences.
- Cache provides Web browsing acceleration without perception of users and sources, to help operators reduce inter-network settlement and improve user network access experiences.
- Virtual firewall realizes abstraction and virtualization of firewall resources, and provides network security for core networks and medium and large private clouds, to help operators improve network security.
- URL filtering filters out the specified data such as vulgar information and malicious websites based on the URL of the user's Internet browsing, to help operators improve the user Web browsing experiences
ZTE SSC solution helps operators enhance user data service experiences and increase ARPU.