Service Chain Helps Operators Increase the Value of Data Services
With rapid development of mobile Internet and the increasing proportion of revenue of data service, the focus of operators' has begun to shift from voice value-added service to data network value-added service, to meet the urgent needs of mobile data users for intelligent, personalized and differentiated services in data network. The service chain is deployed between mobile network and public network, guides the traffic to different service functions on demand and provides end users with various data network value-added services.
ZTE SSC Solution Overview
In general, ZTE's smart service chain includes three parts: direct routing load balance, convergent SF and congestion awareness & analysis.
1. Direct routing load balance provides front-end load balancing for SFs.
2. Convergent SF provides functions such as traffic classifier, stream optimization, URL filtering, virtual firewall and virtual CGNAT.
- Traffic classifier: Supports flexible service orchestration, and guides the traffic to different service chains on demand through the traffic identification;
- Stream optimization: Optimizes TCP traffic and QUIC video traffic to increase the wireless network utilization, alleviate the wireless network congestion and improve user experience;
- URL filtering: Filters out specified data such as vulgar information and malicious websites based on the URL of the user's Internet browsing, to help operators improve users’ Web browsing experience;
- Virtual firewall: Realizes abstraction and virtualization of firewall resources to provide network security guarantee for CN users;
- Virtual CGNAT: Provides functions such as SNAT, DNAT and ALG to relieve the pressure of the operator's IPv4 address shortage.
3. Congestion awareness & analysis can grasp the congestion status of wireless network rapidly, and provide a decision basis for traffic optimization.
The ZTE SSC solution helps operators enhance user data service experiences and increase ARPU.